- The most thrilling race of the 2019 championship with the top two winners being other than the Mercedes-AMG duo.
- Although there was contact between Verstappen and Leclerc, the stewards decided not to penalise Verstappen. Ferrari says it won’t appeal.
- The Aston Martin Red Bull win gives Honda a win for the first time since returning to F1.
- Overheating problems were blamed for the poor performance of the Mercedes-AMG cars.
- Red Bull’s Pierre Gasly gets the best result of his first season with 7th placing.
- Lewis Hamilton started from 4th place although he qualified for 2nd due to a penalty for blocking Kimi Raikkonen.
- Alfa Romeo’s Antonio Giovinazzi also scored the first point of his F1 career when he finished 10th.
- Valtteri Bottas’ third placing adds some more points to the Mercedes-AMG lead in the Constructors Championship to keep the gap at 135 points from Ferrari.
Next round: 2019 British Grand Prix at Silverstone on July 14