Mercedes-Benz has launched yet another exclusive model into their high-performance AMG GT family and it’s called the 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro. Those who are looking for a race-performing machine with spectacular driving dynamics should definitely have a look at this bad boy.
With only 750 units made available globally, the upgraded Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro comes with updates to further tear up any track it finds itself on. Following the successes from the AMG GT3 and GT4 race machines, the AMG GT R Pro comes equipped with race parts as:
- New adjustable coil-over suspension
- Lightweight construction with carbon fibre components
- Unique race-inspired design
- Functional aerodynamic enhancements
All these fancy parts are further backed up with a car that can lap around Nürburgring at 7.04.632 minutes when it was piloted by AMG GT3 racing driver, Maro Engel. In short, the upgraded AMG GT R Pro is faster than the standard AMG GT R by a whopping six seconds.
Under the hood lies a 4.0-litre handcrafted AMG V8 Biturbo engine which produces a whopping 557hp and an even more impressive 700Nm of torque. This rear-wheel drive beast can shoot from 0-100km/h in 3.5 seconds and a top speed of around 320km/h.
Other highlights of the new Mercedes-AMG flagship GT model include:
- AMG Ride Control coil-over suspension with manual damping adjustment
- Bigger carbon fibre front splitter with reinforced aluminium parts
- Aerodynamic carbon fibre ‘flics’ on the front bumper
- Functional aerodynamic ‘gills’ in the front fenders
- Adjustable front axle carbon fibre sway bar
It also comes with upgraded carbon fibre goodies that can be found in its new roof, crossbar, interior trim, side skirt inserts, rear diffuser, side mirror housing, and fixed rear spoiler. All carbon fibre, all awesome. The AMG GT R Pro is further amped up with carbon ceramic brakes for superior stopping power.
New dynamic side skirt, a new diffuser inserts in the rear bumper, and a revised double-round tailpipe design are also included in the updated package which are shared across all 2020 Mercedes-AMG models. These things include:
- LED High Performance headlights
- Standard front and rear-view camera
- New 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- Larger 10.25-inch multimedia display
- New AMG Performance steering wheel
Want one? The price starts from $199,650 (around RM821,560) for the US market but we’re pretty sure it’ll cost more than that if one of them somehow made it onto our Malaysian shores (and that is a big if considering there’s only 750 units available for global consumption). What a beast.