The Malaysian market just witnessed the launch of the latest 2019 BMW M2 Competition back in June and we were genuinely impressed (and a little bit afraid) with the power it possesses. Guess what? BMW has launched a more powerful and limited version called the 2020 BMW M2 CS.
With a sportier package in terms of power output and looks, the BMW M2 CS is dedicated for those who have two sides in their lives; the sophisticated working man or woman and the wild side that loves burning rubber and tearing up the track. `
Equipped with a 3.0-litre twin-turbo six-cylinder engine, the BMW M2 CS produces a whopping 450hp and 550Nm of maximum torque. Compared to the already powerful M2 Competition, the CS version produces 40hp MORE and that’s quite a huge bump in power figures.
0-100km/h is achieved in just 4 seconds flat if you’ve opted for the seven-speed M double-clutch transmission (M DCT) but if you prefer something a bit more ‘old school’, BMW will also offer a six-speed manual gearbox (first time in any CS model) which is more fun to some folks and equally as fast to reach 100km/h in just 4.2 seconds.
Other upgraded features on this beauty include:
- Adaptive M suspension (Comfort, Sport, Sport+)
- Carbon-Fibre Reinforced Plastic parts (bonnet, roof, front splitter, spoiler lip, boot lid, rear diffuser)
- Larger M Sport brakes (400mm + six-piston fixed callipers front, 380mm + four-piston fixed callipers rear)
- BMW M Carbon ceramic brakes (optional)
- DSC (Dynamic Stability Control) system
- Active M Differential
- 19-inch Y-spoke forged wheels
- Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres
The European market is able to purchase one of these limited-edition M2 CS at €95,000 (around RM433,492. The 2020 BMW M2 CS comes in the very alluring Misano Blue metallic paint finish.